Friday, 16 November 2012

Lolita blog carnival: wardrobe challenge


To avoid doing my assignment, I spent the past three hours working on five different outfits with the one lolita jumperskirt. this was the challenge for the lolita blog carnival this week, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself!

The one piece that I decided to coordinate with is Baby the Stars Shine Bright's My Little Red Riding Hood (2012) ribbon jumperskirt in red. I absolutely love this print, colour and cut so I brought it along on my exchange~ So far it's just been sitting in the closet, but not today!!


First up,  a simple classic sweet lolita style. It's a little more old school but this style really draws attention to the print and the dress itself. I adore this style to death and there's not much that can go wrong with this kind of coordinating~

Headbow, blouse, jumperskirt: Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Everything else: Offbrand



Hello mister fox!! I bought this funny little scarf on my recent trip to London and I think it's a cute alternative to a fur or a real vintage fox scarf. For this coordinate, I stuck to the colour palette of the print: cream, brown and green. This is another trick to play it safe in coordinating. But remember to pay attention to the different shades that exist too, this can make or break the outfit!


Jumperskirt: Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Scarf: Topshop
Everything else: Offbrand



I think this outfit has a few dolly-kei inspired elements (colours, layers, fur?). What do you think? My inspiration was in fact what little red might do with the slaughter wolf - a new fur collar, perhaps? Once again, I chose colours that complement the dress: burgandy, mustard and brown.


Jumperskirt: Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Cardigan: H&M
Everything else: Offbrand



I think i was starting to run out of ideas with my limited wardrobe here. Similar to the first outfit, this coordinate is simple: blouse, jumperskirt, tights. But try experimenting with colours or different hair accessories. The cute polka dots match the ribbon on the dress too, so pick up on patterns too~









Jumperskirt: Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Beret: Angelic Pretty
Everything else: Offbrand


 
 
Yes, I give up. But to be fair, I did have classes from 8am-6pm so I'm quite dead tired. I just want a hot shower, tea and sleep. I love my black usamimi headband. actually, it originally broke in Paris, but I bought another headband to remake it. Now it's as good as new~~


Jumperskirt: Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Socks: H&M
Everything else: Offbrand


I hope you enjoyed reading this post. which coordinate do you prefer, if any? Here's list of other participants from this week's lolita blog carnival challenge:

No comments:

Post a Comment