Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Birthday post



The best part of birthdays are, besides having a brilliant excuse to buy presents for myself, baking a birthday cake! I've made various cheesecakes in celebration in the past, but this year I decided to try something with one of my favourite flavours - salted caramel. I made these super sweet chocolate cupcakes with salted caramel frosting topped with caramel popcorn and more salted caramel sauce. (Yes, I was very proud that I didn't burn the sugar when making the salted caramel, it turned out perfectly!!) A little overkill on the caramel, but it's my birthdayyy!


I decided to dress up a little too since my sister was taking me shopping and out for lunch. I wore my beloved Drained Cherry skirt by Angelic Pretty in a more casual, almost aomoji style with tattoo tights and bright red polka dot socks. Do you like the touch of chocolate I added? It reminded me of one of my favourite chocolate bars - Cadbury's Cherry Ripe. Yum!

Beret, Cardigan, Skirt: Angelic Pretty
Blouse: Amavel
Everything else: Offbrand



2 comments:

  1. The cupcakes look so delicious >< I love caramel too! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, dear! Caramel is so sweet and yummy~

    ReplyDelete