Saturday, 28 June 2014

Lolita blog carnival: coordinates for hot weather


Originally I wasn't going to participate in this week's Lolita Blog Carnival event since it's freezing cold winter where I live. But I thought it'd be nice and nostalgic to think about summer and put together a coordinate for the warmer weather. Living in the driest State in the driest country, our summers are always very long and very hot. Temperatures reach 40°C (104°F) regularly in summer so you can imagine how hard it must be as a lolita here! So here we go~


You must forgive me for breaking some of the 'rules' in lolita fashion such as sleeved blouses or proper mary jane shoes. But I think this is much more appropriate for summer! Comfort sometimes must come first! I decided to coordinate my sweet Drained Cherry skirt from Angelic Pretty which is perfect for summer with it's simple summer fruit print and lovely light chiffon material.


To turn a rather casual shirt into something more lolita, I tied a big chiffon neckbow and pinned a little embroidered cherry brooch onto it. Both come from two different non-lolita dresses, but work wonderfully into the coordinate I think. As for the shirt, it has a lace back and no sleeves which means less coverage but that's probably best in summer. And don't forget to protect your eyes from harmful UV rays in summer! Here are some lovely coral pink sunglasses from Lespecs. Aren't they very cute?


As for hair accessories. I decided to choose this dark green star patterned silk scarf tied into a big chiffon bow. Why green? The little stems in the cherry print, of course~Lightness and simplicity are also required so you don't feel bogged down by your wigs and bonnets. Plus another touch of cherries to tie in with the theme~


These cute transparent socks from Angelic Pretty are thin and summery but still very lovely for lolita. Also the bright red matches the juicy cherries.


And lastly, the shoes! Jellies are wonderful for summer and they bring back childhood memories of afternoons by the beach, getting sand stuck between your toes and licking up melted icecream! Plus, they're back in fashion so you can find them anywhere. I bought these glitter gold ones just from a local shop. Matches the gold heart bag from Milk too!

Skirt, socks: Angelic Pretty
Bag: Milk
Sunglasses: Lespecs
Everything else: Offbrand

I hope you enjoyed my summer coordinate! It's very casual style with thin fabrics and few layers for ultimate comfort in the heat. To check out what other cute girls have put together, follow the links below:

4 comments:

  1. I love the transparent socks and sandals ! It is very refreshing like some ice cubes in a delicious cocktail that you would drink in a Summer terrace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes! The clink of the ice, ahhh~ Thank youuu dear! <3

      Delete
  2. Jellies are making a big coming back, huh? I love the color combo. I think that using contrasting colors is the best way to make a nice fresh coord without looking like there is something missing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in 'normal' fashion, I do think it's rather trendy at the moment (well, not for me since it's winter, haha). But they have been in every fashion shop during summer! I think sometimes they can work with a more casual lolita style :) Thanks for the comment, dear~ <3

      Delete