Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Avcon 2014: Saturday


On the Saturday of Avcon was the Lolita Panel that I organised. There was a lot of work involved and I'd been toiling away at the presentation and speech for the previous two weeks. But it was finally time to present and I was so nervous! It felt like I just kept talking and talking and I didn't know if the audience was listening or taking any of it in. But the local girls who modelled different lolita styles were fantastic and so were those who spoke about their experiences. I guess it was my first time running the panel and I just had so much to say so I shouldn't be so hard on myself. Usually I am such a perfectionist!


I even dressed my younger sister up in a classical lolita style to help me in the Lolita Panel. She looks so lovely in my Innocent World Dwarf Story jumperskirt~ For the rest of the day, I spent chatting to my friends at the convention and having a really great time. Again, I was carrying the dead weight of my camera more than using it!


I decided to wear my Cadre du Chat dress by Juliette et Justine. I wore it for the very first time last year and won the lolita parade so I thought it'd be great to make another coordinate with this dream dress of mine. I tried a classical style with some darker, more gothic elements. What do you think of it?

Dress: Juliette et Justine
Blouse: Dangerfield
Bag: Milk
Shoes: Baroque
Cat eared hairpiece: H&M
Everything else: Offbrand


That night, I was meeting some friends from Melbourne for dinner. It's sort of become a tradition since they moved away from Adelaide about one and a half years ago. They rarely visit us anymore but when they do - it's usualy for Avcon. Though I didn't get to chat to them a lot  over dinner (since the table was so long), it was still nice to relax in the charming decor of British India and enjoy the rest of the night. Cute little teacup lights are such a quirky touch to the interior!


I got changed from my outfit since I wanted to be more comfortable for dinner. I wore Emily Temple Cute's Doughnut and Cutlery onepiece. (I call it the original Melty Creamy Doughnut, haha!) Again, please deal with the cute feet selfie because my coordinate photo game is so weak!

6 comments:

  1. You and your siblings looked amazing at Avcon, the presentation was fantastic as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! <3 I hope we can do better next year though (maybe stick within the timeframe XD)

      Delete
  2. I loved your outfits over the weekend, so polished and lovely. It was also good to see Nikki dressed up again :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikii is very cute and perfect size for lolita! :D Thank you dear <3 We should catch up soon x

      Delete
  3. What a nice outfit, as I already told you.
    I think it's one of the first time I see you wearing dark colours and another style, and it suits you well!
    And ETC is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are an absolute dear! Thank you so much. It's very different wearing something so dark but I enjoyed it a lot too. <3 ETC really is amaaaazing :D

      Delete