Sunday, 27 July 2014

Avcon 2014: Sunday



For the last day of Avcon, I was helping out as a judge for the Lolita Parade/Competition. Since I'd won first prize last year, someone thought it'd be nice for me to judge it this year. Well, I'm not the best at making decisions and neither were the other two judges unfortunately! We ended up with a three way tie and couldn't resolve it between ourselves so in the end we asked the audience to cheer for their favourite instead. I think that worked marvellously and two beautiful girls went home very happy. Everyone put so much effort into their outfits it was so nice to see how lovely and  proud they all were! If only everyone could have won first prize, that would have been the best!


Almost as soon as the parade ended, I rushed off with my sister to start setting up the small lolita tea party we organised in the Maid's Café. I had wrapped gifts for everyone, and some lucky seat prizes too. There were also some lovely lolita valentines I'd organised too on little folded up doilies. They looked just like little fancy envelopes!


Everyone had a fantastic time at the tea party and the cakes were all so surprisingly delicious! I had a coffee eclair and a chocolate brownie though no photo because I was too busy serving and chatting and making sure everything was okay. We had endless pots of tea and just the best company around us. I can't wait to expand it next year~


My outfit was a very sweet pastel lolita coordinate I'd put together last week with Angelic Pretty's Fancy Paper Dolls! Do you like the lemon yellow with the lavender colour?

Jumperskirt, headbow, necklace: Angelic Pretty
Socks: Emily Temple Cute
Bag: Milk
Blouse: Pumpkin Cat
Shoes: Secret Shop
Everything else: Offbrand or handmade


After an exciting weekend, my tiredness had finally caught up with me and all my muscles were aching. It was wonderful to return home early Sunday night for some extra hours of sleep! Overall, it was an amazing weekend and apart from being stressed and tired, I think it was a huge success~

2 comments:

  1. Ahhaaaa deerrppp me :P Thank you so much for organising the tea party, I think it was a great event to unwind amonst the AVCon chaos! I need to find where those brownies were from, they were AMAZE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself! I really enjoyed the food too, wish I got a photo! The food is prepared by the ACC so you'll have to ask them about the recipe ;)

      Delete