Sunday, 10 August 2014

Transformation meet


To welcome some new lolitas into the community, we held a transformation meet alongside a lolita swap and sell meet. Many girls volunteered their clothes for others to try and it was lovely to see the happy faces of new girls who wore lolita for the first time! Some of the older lolitas also underwent a transformation from their usual style to something they'd never tried before. We also had some talented girls help out with hairstyles and makeup to complete the look.


I didn't really know where to help out so I decided to be the photographer for the day and document the transformations. Since I had some spare time I managed to talk with lots of the new girls and help them pick outfits to try on. I think everyone really enjoyed their transformations and managed to learn something new about lolita fashion and the community too~


Since it was a transformation meet, I decided to undergo a little transformation myself too! I already did my makeup at home but I wore something casual to start with just like everyone else. But I wanted to use the transformation to prove a point too - that lolita clothes can be worn in an everyday coordinate and just by wearing a lolita dress (and maybe a few accessories) the whole outfit can change from casual to lolita style.


By adding a headbow and jumperskirt (with a pannier) my outfit went from casual to lolita! The main piece is Alice's Secret Key Ribbon style jumperskirt from Baby the Stars Shine Bright. Okayy, I admit I cheated a little because the socks and shoes were already very lolita. But I wore a blouse from a non-lolita Japanese brand called Amavel and a sparkly gold cardigan I found in the kids section at Zara. These casual elements work really well in a lolita outfit too proving you don't have to wear head to toe brand to make a lolita coordinate. I hope you liked my outfit too~

Jumperskirt: Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Headbow, socks: Angelic Pretty
Bag: Swimmer
Blouse: Amavel
Cardigan: Zara
Shoes: Secret Shop

8 comments:

  1. How fun! I'd love to see everyone's transformations <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really great to see so many new girls interested in the fashion. I decided not to post their transformations on my blog in case they didn't want their photos published XD But they all seemed really happy with the whole event <3

      Delete
  2. That is a wonderful idea :)
    Me too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had a lot of fun chatting to old and new lolita friends <3

      Delete
  3. That's really sweet of you!
    The Australian community seems really close :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, actually since Australia is so big, we have smaller communities for each State's capital city. Like Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, etc. Each community make their own meets and sadly, aren't really connected with one another. :( But we also have an online community for Australia as a whole so that's great for meeting new lolita friends around Australia too. :)

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful idea ! I have to propose that to my Swiss comm' ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magical girl transformation go! *waves wand* you looked amazing, I really loved your wig, the twist braids were so cute!

    ReplyDelete