Saturday, 30 August 2014

Lolita blog carnival: Back to school


It's been quite some time since I was in high school but I was inspired by this week's Lolita Blog Carnival topic so I thought I'd throw a quick preppy school outfit together. I really enjoyed my time in high school and found most of my closest friends there. I guess I was quite nerdy too, always stuck in books and such. Haha! What kind of student are you?


I really wanted to use elements from my old school uniform and it just happened to match the colour scheme of my green Toy March by Angelic Pretty. Do you like my 'back to school' style outfit? I remember my school had some rather strict policies regarding uniform and presentation, but I didn't mind wearing it since it was a rather lovely uniform. But it's nice now that I can wear what I want to uni and don't have to tuck my shirt in anymore (though I often do anyway, haha!)

Jumperskirt, beret, socks: Angelic Pretty
Blouse, tie, accessories: School uniform
Bag: Cambridge Satchel Co.
Shoes: Offbrand


Luckily I managed to find the light yellow blouse which was part of my uniform as well as my year 12 'seniors' school tie. The gold stripes with the green and navy match the Toy March print really well. Plus my school symbol, the Fleur de lys is now a popular symbol in lolita! How trendy~ I experimented with tying a bowtie instead of the required Windsor knot we wore at school. I think this style is cuter and better for lolita style.


I coordinated a fancy school bag with this outfit too. It's my beloved Cambridge Satchel Company satchel which is the biggest and sturdiest bag I will ever own. Plus I love the preppy look and the tartan detail. Imagine carrying heavy textbooks or folders in this stylish leather bag! Oh, I'm really ready for school to start again!


Look, the little Angelic Pretty characters are part of the school marching band! Aren't they so cute with their little instruments? I hope everyone has a great school year~

To read some more inspiring 'back to school' styles, check the following blogs:

5 comments:

  1. That's a really nice outfit, both cute and classy :)
    I've still not thought of my school's outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Camille! <3 I almost want to go back to school too XD I can't wait to see what you put together :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this into a hundred pieces!!! The golden pop and the soft leather colors really work well with the green and blues, and the shoes and bag mellow out the fancy toy print ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so muchhh! I was trying to make this childish print into something more classical and well, 'grown up' :))))

      Delete
  4. Quelle tenue parfaite pour la rentrée !

    ReplyDelete