Sunday, 31 August 2014

Twinning meet



Double, double, boil and bubble! Isn't it always better to have a lolita twin? I'm lucky to have my amazing sister Kairii as my lolita twin almost all the time. But we asked the girls in our community to join in the fun too. Organising twin outfits are difficult and being creative about it is perhaps one of the most enjoyable parts of twinning. Our community enjoyed a wonderfully simple picnic with some nice (a little too windy) weather! Ah, Spring is knocking on our door~


Isn't the food looking yummy too? We had lots of food to share but I enjoyed the mini quiche and apple pie the most. As for the cutest plate presentation, these healthy (and delicious) skewers of fresh fruit were so vibrantly colourful and refreshing! Yum!



Jumperskirt, barette: Angelic Pretty
Blouse: Amavel
Cardigan: Emily Temple Cute
Bag: Swimmer
Rilakkuma accessories: San-x
Rilakkuma ears: handmade
Everything else: Offbrand


My sister and I decided to twin in our cute Honey Cake print by Angelic Pretty and added some bear-ish accessories inspired by the all time lolita favourite character - rilakkuma and korilakkuma~ Earlier this week we designed and made these cute bear ears to match these insanely awesome 'scepters'. They're actually massage sticks we've had for literally a decade! But they are the perfect accessory for any sweet lolita. What do you think of our twinning?



We had chocolate triplets from Chess Story and Gardenberry by Lief triplets (complete set!) and a classic duo in AatP's Dance of the Black Cats and even a sweet gothic couple~ Plus lots of other girls came along too without a twin partner to enjoy the fun with everyone too. (more photos here)


We all had a marvellous time getting to know each other and taking lots of photos too! I actually remembered to take photos for once. I was recently reminded of my trusty little (and oh so light!) digital camera I bought a couple of years ago which is super handy for meets since the DSLR is so heavyyyy. I'm surprised the quality of photos is still great! I can't wait to hold another twinning meet, they're just so much fun~

6 comments:

  1. Ahh! Honey Cake is so cute! I think it works really well with the Rilakkuma theme. You two (and everyone else) look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Margie! <3 I thought so too, and I think we have just the right amount of rilakkuma accessories in our outfits XD

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Ah thanks Lauren! Wish you'd been there <3

      Delete
  3. Quelle jolie idée de meeting ! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci, pyl! <3 It's soo fun to twin :D

      Delete