Tuesday, 28 October 2014

Macaron Print


I don't know it it's just me, but I often find myself keeping my super dream dresses in the wardrobe collecting dust. Somehow, they are just so precious that I don't want to wear them out or I feel like no coordinate could do it justice. It's a funny mentality, right? Well, I'm trying to overcome it, and put together an otome coordinate with my lovely dream dress by Emily Temple Cute!

Onepiece: Emily Temple Cute
Blouse: Amavel
Beret, necklace, bag: Angelic Pretty
Socks: Alice and the Pirates
Shoes: Secret Shop


The onepiece looks cute with a big peter pan collar, right? It can change the look of the dress dramatically and I think it adds a touch of youth to the sweet print. Look how delicate and lovely the polka dot bow is on the dress.



I matched the print with some lovely Angelic Pretty accessories like the beret and bag. I chose colours from the palette on the dress. The bitter chocolate beret matches the dark brown on the dress, and the pastel pink brings out the rose flavoured macarons on the dress.


These airmail coloured border stripe socks also match the raspberry and blueberry macarons nicely too, I think. They are a darker hue and the simple stripes adds an interesting dimension to the overall look. 

 A pair of pink or brown shoes would have easily worked nicely into the coordinate, but I chose my favourite cute gold pair instead. Since gold is a rather neutral colour, I find it works well for so many outfits and it never seems out of place.

I hope you like my use of colour in this coordinate! And I really look forward to wearing my beloved dream print some day.

4 comments:

  1. Oh that little sheer polka dot bow is the cutest! what a perfect accent The spoon necklace goes so well that I thought it might've been a part of that until you said otherwise. This co-ord is CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! Yesss, I have a thing for spoonssss (and forks) <3

      Delete
  2. My dream pieces end up getting the same treatment! I've only worn my dream dress twice and I've owned it for over a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I'm so glad I'm not the only one! :D Special dresses deserve special treatment! XDD

      Delete