Wednesday, 24 December 2014

Christmas Afternoon Tea


A couple of weeks ago, my sister and I hosted a lovely afternoon tea with two of our lolita friends. Since our new little maisonette is rather small, it's hard to fit a crowd but it's perfectly sized for small tea parties. We'd recently purchased a new set of four polka dot teacups and were really eager to show them off.


We set the table for four and filled plates with homemade scones, fruit pastries and sandwiches to share. Since the weather was predicted to be rather warm on the day we prepared some iced rose tea as a refreshing alternative. However the weather was bearable so we also brewed an aromatic lychee black tea (which was delightful with a dash of milk and sugar).

My sister and I also made little homemade gifts for our friends to take away too. Some hand poured candles (smelling freshly of strawberries and vanilla) and a little embroidered mushroom brooch each. However I didn't take any photos of these earlier unfortunately!


I wore something very casual and relaxing. Actually, it was my first time wearing this dream dress of mine! I managed to find it earlier this year after literally years of searching. But I was so sad because I snagged a thread of the delicate chiffon on my tripod when taking this photo!! Ahh, I'm so sad!

Headbow: Angelic Pretty
Dress: Emily Temple Cute
Necklace: Qpot
Socks: Dangerfield

Wishing you the happiest and merriest of all Christmas'! How will you be spending this holiday season?


No comments:

Post a Comment