Saturday, 6 December 2014

Hello Kitty Cafe Opening

 

Last weekend we were surprised by the soft opening of the new Hello Kitty Cafe in town! Evidently our lolita community was so excited we made an impromtu meet which I attended. Arriving first with my sister (on crutches), we walked in and managed to secure tables for the rest of the girls without needing to wait in line. The cakes were decorated with Hello Kitty's iconic face, so cute!


The sweet owners were so delighted to have a group of cute girls at their opening and we became the subject of quite a number of photos. My sister and I brought along our favourite Hello Kitty toys to feature in photos too!


As for the food, I ordered a salted caramel cake with a caramel milk tea. It looks cute, right? The cake was layered with cream, chocolate and soft sponge cake and covered in more delicious salted caramel. The milk tea featured a little pink bow just like the one Hello kitty wears!


My sister ordered the signature chocolate mousse and a rose flavoured milk tea. This cake was almost too cute to eat! The mousse was really creamy and light and sat on a thin layer of chocolate sponge cake. It wasn't overly sugary either which helped bring the chocolate flavours out.


After eating and chatting (and taking a LOT of photos of food) we finally went separate ways. Here's a photo of my coordinate for the day. Due to the short notice I didn't have enough time to make more Kitty accessories and made do with a popular pearl cat ear headband and a dokidoki bow. I can't wait to visit the Hello Kitty Cafe again soon~

Dress: Emily Temple Cute
Bag, brooch, necklace: Angelic Pretty
Glitter bow: 6%Dokidoki
Top: Asos
Shoes: Secret Shop
Socks, headband: Offbrand


No comments:

Post a Comment