Sunday, 8 March 2015

One dress in three ways


I have always loved this challenge, to create a number of different coordinates with the same main piece. I think it really exercises the creativity in lolita. I participated in such a challenge in 2012 for a Lolita Blog Carnival topic. But this time, I did it on my own accord and with an otome fashion aesthetic instead. The dress is Wrapping Macaron by Emily Temple Cute.



A bit of a different way of coordinating, instead of picking colours from the print itself, I added a complementary lavender. It works well with the colour and vibrant print, but further, since purple sit beside blue on the colour wheel, these colours are still easy on the eyes. As for the cute pompom headband, I wasn't sure at first, but I love it now. The unique colours work nicely with the print! 

Blouse: Pumpkin Cat
Dress, necklace: Emily Temple Cute
Bag: Milk
Everything else: Offbrand



I've been meaning to pull this Uniqlo x Laduree t-shirt out for a casual lolita or otome style outfit since I received it (2013, I think it was). This casual outfit played on the theme of macarons and I coordinated it with some lighter colours to highlight the print on the dress and t-shirt. I added some cute polka dot lavender socks to balance the macaron necklace.

T-shirt: Uniqlo x Laduree
Dress: Emily Temple Cute
Bag: Angelic Pretty
Necklace: Q-pot
Socks: Asos
Shoes: Juju footwear



For my last outfit I decided to play with bolder colours, namely yellow and red. Not only are these colours found on the print, but they, along with the blue dress, make up the three primary colours. Usually I think this looks tacky, but with these slightly muted shades of mustard and watermelon, I think the outfit looks lovely!

Dress: Emily Temple Cute
Necklace, bag: Angelic Pretty
Shoes: Secret Shop
Brooches: Handmade by MintCloud
Cardigan. socks: Offbrand

Well, that's it from me! Which coordinate do you prefer? And why? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment