Sunday, 1 March 2015

Strawberry season


Every year for the past three years, our lolita community has organised a trip up to Hahndorf (a cute German/Prussion heritage town in the Adelaide Hills) for strawberry picking. There's a well-known strawberry farm who are also known for their jams and relishes which welcome the public to pick their strawberries. It's also better to pick the strawberries when they're big and red because they're just so much fresher, juicier and sweeter!



I was really happy to be able to attend this year as previously I was either overseas or too busy. Since the weather was still really hot (officially last day of Summer), my sister and I wore some colourful matching strawberry themed otome outfits. Actually both dresses belong to my sister, but she was kind enough to lend the Jam Print to me for the day. I loved the contrasting dots and stripes pattern and the bright pink and green. We added even more colour with bright blue and yellow cardigans.

Dress: Emily Temple Cute
Straw hat, cardigan, socks, basket: Offbrand
Shoes: Secret Shop


We then drove back into the Hahndorf town centre for lunch and sightseeing. I couldn't wait to have a traditional German lunch complete with a tasty pretzel! It almost feels like I'm back in Germany! Yum! Most of the shops cater for the large number of tourists who come by, but I love the window displays filled with traditional toys and kitchy handmade items. And not to mention the popular fairy garden where I spotted this pretty fairy hiding in a tree stump.

I can't wait to eat all the strawberries I brought home, but I think I'll make a chocolate fondue first! 

No comments:

Post a Comment