Thursday, 27 August 2015

Organising Socks and Tights


Over the past 2 years I've accumulated a lot of socks and have had trouble keeping them folded orderly. Every time I tried to pull one pair out, a whole bunch would follow. Or I'd have a hard time digging around looking for the other sock! But rather recently, a quick Google search found me the best (in my opinion) way to fold your socks neatly together! The link to the Youtube video is here, but I've also taken a few photos for a tutorial. I don't know why really, because the video is already perfect.

Tutorial




What I love about this method of folding socks is that you can still see the pattern and colour. You can use the method of long or short socks and hey can all be folded into almost the same size. This just makes it heaven to organise and see. They're like little parcels of joy and cuteness!!


Once I folded all my socks up neatly, I found the perfect place to store them. Since I don't have many drawers in my wardrobe, I keep things in boxes. And a few weekends ago, I bought these really cute and handy vintage looking suitcase boxes from Kmart! The colour is so sweet and for only $15 each, it was a bargain. (And they must have been super popular because they sold out less in 2 weeks!) Oh, I love them so much, I'm glad I bought two at the time for all my socks and tights. They fit 4 rows of neatly folded up socks! Then stacked neatly and stored on the bottom shelf of my wardrobe. Of course, if you can't find something similar, simple boxes will do. My only advice is that you find a box whose walls come up vertically, not angled (like the base being smaller than the opening) because your socks will fit so much better when the walls are straight!


Socks are all organised by colour because I'm a little freaky with keeping order and plus it looks really good! I can also see I have a shortage of green coloured socks, so I might have to fix that. (And now we have proof I'm a really bad sock hoarder...) Hope that might help you if you ever want to or somehow find the time to organise your sock collection too! It might be a whole days work but it's worth it and the result will make you feel so accomplished (or was that just me?)

4 comments:

  1. Une valisette remplie de chaussettes ! Le rêve !
    Merci beaucoup pour ce pas-à-pas. J'avoue que je n'ai jamais su comment plier mes chaussettes... Je vais essayer :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Et j’en ai deux, hihi ! Les valises sont remplies avec mes trésors –les chaussettes !! XD J’espère que le vidéo t’aide avec l’organisation de chaussettes !

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love your sock collection, I've only started mine but I'll definitely try this organization method in the future when I have a more socks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! I hope this might help you with organising it too. It's really helped me <3

      Delete