Sunday, 16 August 2015

Surprise Party


Metamorphose was my favourite brand when I first started lolita. I favoured their bright colours over AP's pastels and my first few dresses were all from Meta. Then AP started releasing chocolate prints (thank you, Melty Choco) and I was smitten. I've now sold all my Meta dresses, except one - Surprise Party. It was the first lolita item I ever bought and I'm certain I won't be selling it no matter how rarely I wear it. Looking at the colourful print and motifs on this dress really makes me think how little my lolita style has changed - I'm still drawn to sweet food prints! 


I thought I'd try something different and matched this really bright blue cardigan with the print. Somehow, the colours make me think of Summer tea parties with ice cool lemonade and sugary cakes. Ahh, how relaxing! These cheap striped icecream socks really added a quirky flair too, don't you think?

Skirt: Metamorphose
Beret: Angelic Pretty
Blouse: Amavel
Necklace: Qpot
Shoes: Secret Shop
Everything else: Offbrand

4 comments:

  1. Loving the summery and fun look, it's refreshing to see something out of the ordinary in Lolita <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! I really liked playing with the bright colours <3<3

      Delete
  2. perfect outfit! <3 it's so funy and cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're too sweet :D Thanks so much!

      Delete