Wednesday, 21 October 2015

Asiafest Outfits


I was asked to host a Lolita Parade in this year's Asiafest festival held to celebrate the different Asian cultures that have become a part of Australian culture. It's a part of OzAsia, which is an annual celebration of Asian art and culture, from movies to dance performances to visual art exhibitons by renown Asian artists. I got the community involved to participate in two parades taking place over the weeeknd. Since there were 2 shows, we had two different groups presenting a variety of coordinates.

Of course I had to introduce lolita fashion to the crowd before launching into the parade. I tried not to go into the details of the fashion since I had to limit myself to a 10 minute presentation when honestly I could have talked for hours! I focused on what, to me, is the essence of lolita fashion. I wanted to convey the community's dedication and love for lolita fashion and share how the fashion has changed our lives - brought together communities worldwide, given confidence to girls and provided a wonderful outlet for self expression. It was a great success but unfortunately I didn't get any group photos of the wonderful outfits since I was so busy running around with tickets and being on stage to present everyone. But I couldn't be prouder of the comm I'm part of.


Skirt, socks: Angelic Pretty
Blouse: Amavel
Cardigan: Dangerfield
Shoes: Juju Footwear



Dress: Leur Getter
Blouse: Amavel
Shoes: ASOS

For the two days I wore two different outfits. The first day a boiling hot, but some crazy part of me decided to wear a long sleeve knit. I guess I still haven't learnt that Australian Spring is like a European Summer. I was dying in the heat even in mainly chiffon, short socks and sandals. So the following day I just wore an otome outfit. But guess what? A cool change blew in so it was a pleasant, cloudy day! I should have swapped the outfits I wore! What an idiot I was!

4 comments:

  1. We have the same weather problem in Brazil, we've been through hell here and Spring has just started! We still get some random chilly days but there's no way to predict when :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the worst!!? You wonder just how hot Summer will be and cry. I love the unexpected cold days but it's also so hard to predict! I'm so glad you understand though <3<3

      Delete
  2. Perfect outfits! The first one is so fresh <3

    Lunie Chan - Le Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it <3 Thanks dear!

      Delete